A lot of people on forums and comment sections of other blogs have asked the question, “How can I find someone on Spotify that doesn’t know me”.
To answer that question, we did some research on Spotify and their official website, as well as some other sources. And we came up with few solutions for that problem.
So If you want to find someone on Spotify, With or without using the person’s user name. This guide will help you with that. All you have to do is following the given steps below.
Also, at the end of this article, we have included some other ways which you can find new people on Spotify. Keep scrolling…
Note: This Article is for Windows/Android/iOS users.
01 – Find someone on Spotify with their user name
Finding someone is so easy if you know the person’s username. Whether you are on your mobile or PC, you can find that person with in seconds.
Here I will show you how to find someone on Spotify android app and desktop app using the user name.
Find someone on Spotify App using their user name
- Head over to Spotify app.
- In the search bar type user:username (replace username with the user name of the person you want to find)
- Once you tap on the enter button on your keyboard, you will see the results and then you can tap on the user profile and follow that person.
Find someone on Spotify Windows App/browser using their user name
- Open the Spotify desktop software.
- In the search bar type user:username (replace username with the user name of the person you want to find) and press the Enter button.
- From the results, click the follow button to follow that person.
02 – Find someone on Spotify without their user name
Unlike using a username, finding someone without username can be a little time consuming. Sometimes you might not get the results that you want.
It is because usernames are identical from actual names and stored in Spotify database. They have provided a very special search term that will filter out users and will give you the exact match user easily.
And yet, you can try these methods to find whoever you want on Spotify.
Search by person’s name
If the person you are looking has the same username on Spotify, then chances are high that you will find what you are looking for.
Here is how to do that:
Search by Person’s name in Spotify App
- Open Spotify app
- Type the name of the person you want to find
- From the results select profiles
- Now you will get a list of user profiles. If the person have the name you typed in, their profile will be displayed.
- You can select the profile from the list and follow him/her.
03 – Other ways to find people on Spotify
Apart from find people using their user names and real names, there are other ways to connect with people on Spotify.
One such popular way is adding your Facebook friends who has a Spotify account. Let’s take a look at how you can do that
Follow your Facebook friends on Spotify
To follow your Facebook friends on Spotify, first you have to Log in via your Facebook account. And then you will see your Facebook friends who already has a Spotify account.
Connect your Facebook account on Spotify mobile app
- Open Spotify app
- In home tab, tap the settings icon (Gear wheel icon on top right corner)
- Then tap on your profile
- Now tap on the 3 dots on the top right corner
- Select Find friends
- Now you will see a button to connect your Facebook account. Tap on it and connect.
Once you connect your Facebook account and allow Spotify to see your friend list, you will be able to see your Facebook friends on Spotify app.
Connect your Facebook account on Spotify Desktop app/browser
- Open Spotify desktop app or login in your browser.
- Click the 3 dots at the top left corner. Then Go to preferences.
- Scroll down to bottom and you will find a button to connect your Facebook account.
- Click the button and log in with your Facebook account and allow Spotify to see your friend list.
After you connect your Facebook account, you will see your Facebook friends on Spotify desktop app or browser.
That is it. Hope you abled to find the person on Spotify. If you know more about how to find people on Spotify, don’t forget to leave a comment below. Also, if you have any question regarding this article, you can put a comment and I will be there to help you.